Friday 21 January 2011

Tea, Toes and The Illusionist: The Beginning of Homestay

Outside of the Train Station in Chester
Wonderful to be caught up!

Today was absolutely marvelous and yet so average! Questionable?
I awoke at 1 PM...good start...and walked down the road to top up my phone. I was a traveling rogue for Dana, Emma and Dani all had class and Tylyn and Grace were tucked away in their room/on their computers respectively. I had no class. SO! Topped up the phone (oh yeah 10 pounds and one pence!) and then made some lunch/breakfast for myself. Found that the ladies were all back and about either packing, uploading photos or eating. I made myself some guacamole and tomatoes and enjoyed it with my rosemary crackers.
I attempted to upload a video...failed...and then later packed, chatted with the ladies and ate a peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwich before leaving for the Tube. At around 5-something the ladies and I made our way to Queensway and eventually (after Emma remembered that she forgot the tickets...good leader Emma) got to Euston train station where we met the rest of the FYSAErs and proceeded to loudly board the train and voice how (well, not me really) frustrated we all were because there were so many of us and only one ticket.
I ended up sitting across from Tylyn and found out that, "HOLY WHAT?! THERE IS FREE WIFI ON THIS TRAIN!" That's right...free wifi on a moving vehicle...
Okay. So I was freaking out and everyone else was like "Oh ma gush Broooke dis is no beeg deal becurse we are suurroundeeed by theese erryday ng stuffffss..." ...Dani. ;)
BUT REALLY! I FACETIMED DIANA! MY BRONSKIE! I TALKED TO HER FACE TO SCREEN TO SCREEN TO FACE ON A TRAIN IN LONDON! REALLY?!?! NO ONE ELSE FINDS THAT FREAKING AMAZING?!?! It took me a good 30 minutes to calm down!
But anyway! Pleasant train ride (setup really differently...seats are facing each other with a table in the middle...so cool)! We arrived in Chester to find it was SO much colder and incredibly foggy and that housing arrangements had been changed because some people backed out (like my original family). :(

BETTER THEY DID, though, because I am now staying with the Hardings of Chester and Mrs. Harding is so incredibly cute and sweet! First of all...when she drove us (Dan and I) to her home I sat in the passenger seat on the LEFT side of the car...big deal. We got to her house and found out that her son lives at home and is married but cannot be with his wife (in America) because he is still waiting on a VISA!! :( She has two daughters also! One of which is married with a little girl named Amber and and another who is 18.
Tonight I had my first cup of tea, chatted with Dan, me host-mum and her daughter with the baby+the husband for a bit and then decided (Mum, Dan and I) to watch The Illusionist...one of my favorite (and her favorite) movies! It was divine! She made me ANOTHER cup of tea and we all sat in their front telly room and tried to stay warm (thank goodness I sat on the same side as Mum...she had a big blanket). But...her house is adorable and she is so incredibly sweet and I saw some British TV for about two seconds and do not like it at all............Abbie was watching it......it's weird. Mum likes to chat and summarize things without actually summarizing. She's so cute and so are her cats.......yes. I know. I like her cats...they make me want a cat. I guess English cats are just my cup of tea! Tomorrow should be fun even though there isn't a whole lot all planned out. Shopping...cause that is something that Dan and I both love! Thank goodness!
ANDDD some kids that stayed here before us lived in New Jersey and brought a book of New Jersey as a gift...she whipped it out and PRINCETON AND CAPE MAY were featured. MHMM. That's right...
Oh. I will be wearing two sweaters and a dress tonight...for I forgot pajama pants...and socks...CAN'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW!

No comments:

Post a Comment