Friday 21 January 2011

HAMLET! HAMLET! HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL HAMLET! 1/20/11

January 20th 2011

Awoke at 8 AM and travelled to the National Portrait Gallery to view the Thomas Lawrence exhibition for my Introduction to British Art and Architecture class. One of his portraits had a great likeness to Dusty...the most lovable and hatable character in Just Friends...that was exciting to see...and the only exciting thing there. Boo.
The previous night I stayed up until 3 AM...but really...it was completely worth it...partially due to the giant bonding sesh that occurred in my room with the ladies (Grace, Dana, Dani and Emma...Ty went to bed early) consisting of the sharing of favorite YouTube videos and then a group listen and sing-along to the entire Rent soundtrack...I. Love. My. Flatmates.
After I escaped the gallery I made and ate my lunch (sauteed peppers, mushrooms and spinach with think pancakes and milk) and then, sick of the dark basement, brought all of my things upstairs and had the pleasure of relaxing in a light-filled room on a small couch with the view of connected brick houses with different colored doors. So cute!
.......................THEN! thenthenthenthenthen......................
READY?!?!
HAMLET...at the National Theatre!


Enthralling. Absolutely MAD! Bloody freaking BRILLIANT! 

The actor who played Hamlet was SPECTACULAR (and so was the entire cast except for Gertrude...she was wretched)! Now...I am not the biggest fan of Shakespeare...but holy moly this production was by far one of the most amazing things I have had the pleasure to see. Thank you Play Critique. It was so good I was overwhelmed by naughtiness and snuck a quick picture of the bows!


After the show Grace, Emma, Dani, Dana and I found an incredible place (maybe a skatepark?) completely overtaken by graffiti! Then, instead of taking the closest Tube station back...we walked under the London Eye and across the bridge to see Big Ben and Parliament lit up in the dark London night. Breathtaking. It was all just a part of our evening commute in London. So blessed.  

The London Eye, Parliament, Big Ben and Me  

No comments:

Post a Comment