Tuesday 25 January 2011

Monday, Monday 1/24/11

Woke up far too late on this lovely Monday...and still managed to make a wonderful "day" out of the afternoon and evening. 
Planned to go to Portobello Road Market to purchase the most delicious and deliciously priced produce available in Notting Hill. So, after getting ready and getting coffee from the most WONDERFUL Emma (dollface, gosh I love her) the ladies and I headed to the market. It is amazing what you see when you travel to a place the second time. I was able to take in and appreciate much more of the journey to the market then I did when I only had eyes for the jewel of shopping at the heart of Portobello Road. 
Ended up getting an ABSURD amount of mushrooms for one pound which I was thoroughly excited about. 
Went to Tescos for milk and hobbled home with heavy, heavy bags of supplies for dinner which became sauteed peppers, mushrooms and peas and spinach with a fried egg, toast and milk. Another delicious win by Brooke and Dana.  
Figured we would shop some more so we all headed down to New Look down Kensington Church Street. I got to show the ladies where I ate dinner with Mr. Rowan on our way and again, realized how much you miss along a journey when you are focused on the final destination. I purchased a sweatshirt and a cami at New Look and returned to Palace so that we wouldn't miss Phillip's Monday Movie...The Libertine.
What a movie...sure 3 of the actors are from the Pirates of the Caribbean Movies...doesn't mean it is at all appropriate or horribly enjoyable...a bit horrifying in very crude ways...and almost pathetic ways. I did resign back to the basement to do a couple of things more productive then make pain-induced faces. This included trimming my bangs (FOR THE FIRST TIME), making more tea (I am a bit addicted now...) and deciding that after the movie I would have Grace dye my hair.

So. Movie over. Chatted with my sister and Michael. Got hair dyed by Grace. Booked a flight with Dana and Dani to Amsterdam...and I am now a ginger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment