Saturday 5 February 2011

Me, Myself and the Sun

February 3rd 2011 

I explored. I walked and observed and appreciated only with myself. I had no accomplice to make comments to, nor did I have any desire to go to one specific place. I was able to isolate myself. We went to the National Gallery this morning for art class and when we were dismissed, I stayed at the Gallery and Dana, Emma and Dani left. I perused the corridors and meticulously numbered rooms (three of which I especially cared for).

Being alone gives me such a sense of accomplishment...considering I am one who resides in an electronically dependent age. The other day, I read an article on how to detox an electronic addiction...the need to be connected to other people at all times...have people then lost their ability to be happy alone? If only for awhile?

I am an introvert, though. That has become clear to me in college...but I digress...
I was my own person. I only had my eyes, ears, breath and feet working as I wove a tangled web of memories and satisfied wishes. 

I was not lost but no one knew where I was...which was a fun thing to think about. The entire experience was a journey of observation...I love feeling like nothing more than a fly on the wall. My walk was fueled by the sun and my understanding that this sort of day was incredibly rare. There were so many things going on but it wasn't noisy. I think it was because, for the first time in a long time, everyone in the city was content. 

It was absolutely therapeutic and I took no pictures. I shall have to rely on my brain to remember where I went and the amazing things I saw. 

But then...............................SAW VERNON GOD LITTLE AT THE YOUNG VIC THEATRE! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! AMAZING! AND ALL OF THE ACTORS WERE ENGLISH (EXCEPT FOR ONE WHO LIVED NEAR PITTSBURGH!!!!!) AND THEIR SOUTHERN ACCENTS WERE PHENOMENAL!! ........blown away. 

I met all of the actors...got pictures...have a new FB friend...and this was the one month anniversary of my life in Lundun....ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! So, we celebrated and swooned over the actors and lived life to the fullest. 

Happy one month London <3

No comments:

Post a Comment