Thursday 31 March 2011

Le "V" Day, Le Date Day and Le Wednesday (2/14-16/11)

Le "V" of All Days - 2/14/11

Hoppy Valentine's Day Bunnies! Was it? Yes. Dana (LOVE OF MY LIFE) returned from Switzerland just as Emma, Dani and myself were thinking of leaving for the Tate Britain to review an exhibition of our choice. SHE TRAVELLED BY HERSELF, EVEN! Is is strange that I am so proud!?
Well, we went to the Tate Britain (first visit) and split up (Emma and Dani/Me and Dana) to pick a room in the Tate. What happened next just proves that dreams really do come true and some things in life are just the most free.
Dana and I were let into an exhibition by Susan Hiller for free by a lovely gentleman with a curious 'stache. After I inquired the price of the exhibit and let it slip that "my friend and I have to do a project on an exhibition but we, unfortunately, are poor college students and lack the funds to 'see' anything." Yeah...I put it was more casually then that...but as we turned to go back into the main gallery, this man picked up two booklets and insisted we go in for free as his "guests." THE KINDNESS OF HUMANITY!
This exhibit...I can't even describe how moving, thought provoking and pure this exhibit was. It was amazing. I can't even explain, it was such an amazing experience.
Well! Dana and I stayed there for over two hours and ended up heading home alone. So...we went to Tescos, got milk and ice cream (for it was Valentine's day and neither of us had a Valentine with us-THANKS A LOT TIMING!) to enjoy. I made dinner (can't remember what it was but I'll find it in the pictures!) and then we melted chocolate spread and Nutella and put that on our ice cream...Vanilla ice cream...the best Vanilla I have ever had in my life. OMD.
It was movie night and as we ate we watched The Queen and after I was able to chat with my boy. Oh the V of days...

2/15/11

Date Day with Dana! :) We went, this time, to Tina, We Salute You. It was definitely different then the cafes we have been going to. It was in the middle of Hackney and it was quite small. We sat at a large communal table with spreads in the middle. It's really a place to go by yourself and spend hours reading or on your laptop. You have your space but it's nice because you are never alone.
We got nomnomnommy sanwiches and then giant pieces of toast. We each had a cappuccino and then split a pot of tea which was served in a big tea pot and we received different and adorable tea cups.
We chatted about life like we always do but also had to work on our presentation based on Susan Hiller's exhibit. So artsy!
We went back to the flat, to class and then BEASTED our presentation. We both love to talk and explain and express things with wordddsssss. We were both passionate about what we were discussing and I am very happy that we were able to see her work and I am very happy we went together.

2/16/11

Wednesday...just the humpiest and PRE-ROWAN VISIT!!

I don't even remember what happened...Oh! Play Critique, Journalism, went home, cleaned, found out that Dana got a ticket to Penelope for Brandon. Just the sweetest! I talked to him for the last time with Facetime...the last time I would see him until we met in person...

Wednesday was a day that I wanted to be over the fastest...it was a day filled with excitement and anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment